Applications for the Craftadian Made in Hamilton is open, applications closed May 20, 2018.
We’re on the lookout for new and returning artisans pushing the boundaries of craft, food and design who want to share their work and vision to make Craftadian an authentic and lively handmade marketplace.
The goal of MADE IN HAMILTON is to highlight those makers in the Hamilton and surrounding areas (see cities below). Makers outside Hamilton and the surrounding area (as noted) may only apply for the island section, outside.
- NEW: For this market we have 4′ spaces, 6′ spaces and 10’x10′ Outdoor Spaces.
- NEW: Workshops: Interested in teaching a workshop, please apply via THIS FORM
****************** START ******************
****************** END ******************
PLEASE NOTE: You will receive an email to confirm your application has been received. If you have any issues please email email@example.com
What is the application criteria?
Curated/Juried Market. Applications will be juried to ensure quality, variety, uniqueness, booth presentation. Applications must include quality well lite photos of your work and your display.
- Applicant must be designer, creator, artist
- Products must be handmade or have a component of handmade (photography acceptable)
- Applicant must reside in CANADA & products must be MADE IN CANADA
- Applications will be juried to ensure quality, variety, uniqueness, booth presentation
- Applicant must include 3-5 photos of your work (including one booth design)
- SPECIAL CRITERIA FOR MADE IN HAMILTON MARKET ONLY: Made in Hamilton is open to makers in the Hamilton and surrounding areas (Hamilton, Ancaster, Dundas, Stoney Creek, Burlington, Brantford, Grimsby, Binbrook, Mount Hope, Waterdown and Niagara Region) There is a special island feature open to makers outside the Hamilton area.
How much are booth fees?
The 2017 fees range from $125 – $140 depending on the event size, booth type and location.
How will the show be advertised?
The shows will be advertising in local newspapers, flyers/coupon distribution, email marketing (over 8000 opt-in subscribers), paid and organic ads social media (facebook, twitter, instagram). There also are PR opportunities such as TV Guest Appearances, Blogs and Newspaper Articles. Craftadian events and it’s exhibitors have been featured on TV (CHCH Morning Live, CHCH Evening News, Global News at noon, CP 24, Rogers Daytime, Hamilton Life) in Blogs (BlogTO, Lil Miss Kate) and in Newspapers (Hamilton Spectator, Mississauga News, Milton Champion, Guelph Tribute). Visit our media room to see past media appearances.
How many visitors come to the events?
In 2016 we moved our events to smaller venues to create an intimate shopping experience. Our 2017 attendance at these venues ranged between 1500 – 2000 visitors.
Do you have any photos from past events?
Yes, you can see our photo gallery for photos from past events: Photo Gallery
Do you have a list of past vendors?
Yes, please see our Meet the Makers section on the top of the page (menu bar).
What is the jury process?
Applicants would submit an application that includes photos of your work, description of your craft and details about your business. Following the application deadline, each application is ranked by each of the jurors – the scores/notes are tabulated and sorted by category. Your application may be ranked on based on handmade quality, photos of your work, booth set-up, and the information you provide in your application. The jury will limit the number of successful applicants per category to ensure that there is a healthy and diverse selection of vendors. Applicants that are not selected will be placed on a waitlist.
For tips on juried show applications please read our blog post “Juried Shows – Tips to Success”