This page is for exhibitors of the ETSY MADE IN CANADA – Mississauga.
Please continue to check this page for updates:
Welcome to Craftadian™ Exhibitor Manual which is intended to provide you with all the necessary information to help maximise your participation in Craftadian™ events.
Show Management | Show Location | Venue Details | Dates & Times | Loading Information | Floor Plan / Booth Number | Swag Bags | Rules and Regulations | Print Materials for Exhibitors | **Food Vendors Only** Food Selling and/or Sampling Forms | Promote the show (and your presence) | Booth Details | What to bring (checklist) | Exhibitor Meet ‘n’ Greet / Information Nights |
Cell: 905-330-2056 (day-of contact)
First United Church
151 Lakeshore Road West, Mississauga
(Located in Port Credit on Lakeshore Road just east of Mississauga Road)
Dates & Times
– Exhibitors will not be permitted to set up during show hours.
– Children under the age of 16 are not allowed on the show floor during move-in and move-out.
– We recommend that you unload all your materials at your booth, then park your vehicle to an appropriate space and then begin setting up your booth
*ALL BOOTHS MUST BE SET-UP BY 9:45AM on Saturday September 23, 2017
Load-out Saturday September 23, 2017 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Includes a 6′ table and 2 chairs. Tables are positioned closely together (about 1′ space between tables). Table top displays. Table 6′ long x 29″ wide.
You may bring your own display (shelf, clothing rack ect) instead of the table – display must fit in lieu of the table 6′ wide x 3′ deep
** Stay tuned we are looking at doing giveaways leading up to the show
*NEW* All vendors are required to include a minimum 10 (up to 50) tangible items for our swag bags. 50 swags bags will be distributed to the first 50 shoppers. Swag items are tangible items that represent your business. The items do not have to be the same. Swag inserts are promoted through our social media. Paper will not be accepted unless you are a paper vendor (bookmarks, greeting cards, gift tags are acceptable).
You may contribute 10 – 50 items to be included in the swag bags, we do encourage you to contribute at least 10 items (ideas below):
Deadline: Please submit your 10 – 50 swag inserts by September 13, 2017 in person (drop off) in Ancaster, ON or Mississauga, ON (please contact us to arrange a time)
1000 Golf Links Road, PO Box 90028
Ancaster, ON L9K 3K0
* note the mailing address is a PO Box so UPS doesn’t deliver here.
We may also have exhibitor meet-ups scheduled in Mississauga where you can bring the swag inserts.
What’s in the Swag Bags? Samples, free gifts, promotional items (pens, magnets), coupons and promotional discounts, candies and more. Avoid paper items, make it something tangible.
– BODY VENDORS: Mini soap samples, lip balms, mini samples of scrub
– JEWELLERY VENDORS: Earrings, Bracelets, Charms
– PAPER VENDORS: Greeting Cards, Gift Tags
– FOOD VENDORS: samples, tea sample, cookies
– PHOTOGRAPHY: Bookmarks, greeting cards
– WOOD: Mini coaster, small signs, wood book mark, wooden spoon, key chain
– ART: prints, buttons, enamel pins
– GLASS: Glass Bead, keychain
– BABY/CHILDREN: Fabric Squares, Soother Clips, Hair Clip, Headband
– POTTERY/CERAMIC: Ornaments, small coaster, key chain
– TEXTILE: fabric button, crochet mini, embroidery or pattern
If you are stuck on an idea, what about a gift certificate for your shop (min $5.00 value)
To ensure the food served at this event is prepared safely the Region of Peel, Public Health require that the following forms and guidelines be reviewed/completed by each participating food vendor.
- All food vendors please complete this form: https://www.peelregion.ca/health/environnew/forms/vendor-info-form.asp
- Please review the Special Event Guidelines document:https://www.peelregion.ca/health/environNew/pdf/GuidelinesSpecialEvents.pdf
A Public Health Inspector will review this information and may contact you to discuss safe food handling practices specific to the foods you are planning to serve. In the event of a food‐borne illness, it will help if you demonstrate responsible precautionary measures.
Please note the following key points:
- All food must be obtained from an approved source.
- All food must be prepared in an inspected and licensed food premises.
- Home‐prepared foods are not allowed.
- Unpasteurized food products and/or beverages are not permitted. They cannot be sold or given away as samples.
All persons involved in the preparation and selling of food to the public are strongly encouraged to attend Food Handler Training. Please call 905‐799‐7700 to register.
For more information, please reference the Region of Peel website (https://www.peelregion.ca/health/environNew/food/events.htm) or you may call 905-799-7700 to speak with a Region or Peel, Public Health Inspector.
Promote yourself at the Show
- Post on Instagram: #EtsyMICMississauga and #Craftadian
- Share the Facebook Event & Invite all your friends, and share on your wall: Etsy Made in Canada – Mississauga (facebook event page)
- Add the event to your Facebook Page
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/events/1777774302488069/
- Click … (top right corner)
- Click Add to page (from drop down)
- Add your shop to the Etsy event page via ETSY EVENT PAGE: Etsy Made in Canada Mississauga
- Post the event on your website
- Tweet about the show (we will retweet it)
“Visit my booth at the @Craftadian Etsy Made in Canada – Mississauga @ First United Church #PortCredit #Mississauga
Vendors: What to Bring to a Craft Show:
• all merchandise clearly priced (best done, before the show)
• Any product information signs necessary (no handwritten signs)
• Boxes for purchases
• Customer bags
• Extra price tags
• Inventory list/prices
• Tissue or newspaper for fragile items
• Booth signs or banner
• Business cards and holder
• Brochures, Catalogues or flyers
• Portfolio (or photo album of your work)
Office Supply Kit:
• Clipboard, writing pad or notebook
• Paper clips
• Paper or index cards
• Pens and pencils
• Scissors, string
• Stapler and staples
• Tape – scotch, masking, duct, packing
• Cash box with change (ie. $5’s, $2’s, $1’s, 25¢ ect.)
• Receipt book/sales book
• Copy of application (booth number, floor plan ect), record of chq number ect.
• Any notes about the show
• Guest book- to develop a mailing list
• Extension Cord (if you purchased electricity)
• Table Skirt or Table Cloth (clean and reaches the floor)
• Change of clothes (or layers a sweater if its cooler)
• Camera (to take a photo of your booth for future shows)
• Cushion for chair
• Lunch (optional)
• Water or drinks
• Kitchenette (inside the hall) will have coffee, tea, pop, water and we will be ordering pizza for lunch. Our Kitchenette will be run by our charity partner Crafting for a Cure.