Welcome to the Craftadian® Exhibitor Manual which is intended to provide you with all the necessary information to help maximize your participation in the Craftadian events. The enclosed information will provide you with all the information you would need to maximize your participation at the CRAFTADIAN CHRISTMAS MARKET at McMaster Innovation Park in Hamilton.
Follow us on Instagram @Craftadian for daily exhibitor features
Online Exhibitor Manual
Show Management | Show Location | Dates & Times | Loading Information | Rules and Regulations | Promotional Materials for Exhibitors | Event Flyer (PDF) ; JPG version | Floor Plan & Booth Numbers | Booth Details | Swag Bags (free for exhibitors) | Promote the show (and your presence) | What to bring (checklist) | Maximize your presence at the show (Tips) | Food Truck Information Page | Exhibitor Special Offers | Information for FOOD VENDORS |
Dates & Times
McMaster Innovation Park, 175 Longwood Road South, Hamilton
Loading In Dates/Times:
Saturday December 1, 2018; 8:00AM – 10AM (Note you MUST be set-up by 9:45AM)
*Load-in is Saturday morning only
Note new rules (as posted on our rules and regulations page):
- Exhibitors MUST NOT dismantle their booth (or pack up the table top) prior to the conclusion of the show hours (ie. 4:00pm)
- Exhibitors that dismantle of their booth or leave prior to the conclusion of the show WILL NOT be invited to future events; ** THIS WILL BE STRONLY ENFORCED**
- Exhibitors that leave the show (meaning packed up and not in attendance) at the show close (4:00PM) may be billed a $25.00 fine and will not be invited to future events ** THIS IS A NEW RULE THAT WILL BE STRONLY ENFORCED**
There are two loading areas, on the north and east sides of the building. On the north side there is a grey door (note stairs). On the east side, use the loading dock and lift to the service elevator to the main level.
Load-in Map/Info (PDF)
Parking is free; we recommend exhibitor park in the east lot, leaving the spots closest to the door for shoppers.
– Exhibitors will not be permitted to set up during show hours.
– Children under the age of 16 are not allowed on the show floor during move-in and move-out.
– NO loading through the glass front doors
– We recommend that you unload all your materials at your booth, then park your vehicle to an appropriate space and then begin setting up your booth
Floor Plan *draft (subject to change)
Will be posted approximately 2 weeks before the event.
Atrium Tables (inside): space includes a 6′ table and chair. Tables are positioned closely together (about 1′ space between tables). Table top displays. Table 6′ long x 29″ wide.
As an alternate to the table you may opt for a 6′ wide space and bring your own rack/display provided it’s 6′ wide (but you cant have both). Please let show management if you choose this option
PDF Flyer -coming soon
- No home prepared, or home canned foods can be used, sold or given away at Special Events
- All food served at Special events must be prepared in a licensed and approved commercial kitchen
** Must complete all pages of THIS FORM. The $38.00 (2018 rate $33.63 + $4.37 = $38.00) City of Hamilton fee will be billed to ALL FOOD VENDORS at time of acceptance.
Exhibitors are required to THIS FORM to Craftadian by November 15 2018.
The City of Hamilton, Public Health Department, Health Protection Branch, is responsible for ensuring proper food handling at Special Events in the Hamilton Area.
Public Health Services, Food Safety Program
110 King Street West, 2nd Floor (Robert Thomson Building)
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4S6
Phone:905-546-2424 x 2551
Fax: 905- 546-2787
We are kindly asking that all vendors are required to include a minimum 10 (up to 50) tangible items for our swag bags. 50 swags bags will be distributed to the first 50 shoppers. Swag items are tangible items that represent your business. The items do not have to be the same. Swag inserts are promoted through our social media. Paper will not be accepted unless you are a paper vendor (bookmarks, greeting cards, gift tags are acceptable).
What to include in a swag bag?
– BODY VENDORS: Mini soap samples, lip balms, mini samples of scrub
– JEWELLERY VENDORS: Earrings, Bracelets, Charms
– PAPER VENDORS: Greeting Cards, Gift Tags
– FOOD VENDORS: samples, tea sample, cookies
– PHOTOGRAPHY: Bookmarks, greeting cards
– WOOD: Mini coaster, small signs, wood book mark, wooden spoon, key chain
– ART: prints, buttons, enamel pins
– GLASS: Glass Bead, keychain
– BABY/CHILDREN: Fabric Squares, Soother Clips, Hair Clip, Headband
– POTTERY/CERAMIC: Ornaments, small coaster, key chain
– TEXTILE: fabric button, crochet mini, embroidery or pattern
If you are stuck on an idea, what about a gift certificate for your shop (min $5.00 value)
- WHERE TO DROP OFF?
- DROP OFF in person: TBD
- BY MAIL: 1000 Golf Links Road, PO Box 90028, Ancaster ON L9K 3K0
*Please arrange a date for drop off
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE TO DROP OFF SWAG? TBD 2018
Promote the show:
Share the Facebook Event & Invite all your friends, and share on your wall:
RSVP Public Facebook Event
What to share on Social Media:
– Event Flyer, Image
– Getting ready for the show (what are you working on, supplies you bought, finished products that will be available at the show)
– Pictures of your studio space (take shoppers behind the scenes)
– Pictures of your display
– Profile Pictures (meet the maker)
Vendors: What to Bring (check list)
• all merchandise clearly priced (best done, before the show)
• Any product information signs necessary (no handwritten signs)
• Boxes for purchases
• Customer bags
• Extra price tags
• Inventory list/prices
• Tissue or newspaper for fragile items
• Booth signs or banner
• Business cards and holder
• Brochures, Catalogues or flyers
• Portfolio (or photo album of your work)
Office Supply Kit:
• Clipboard, writing pad or notebook
• Paper clips
• Paper or index cards
• Pens and pencils
• Scissors, string
• Stapler and staples
• Tape – scotch, masking, duct, packing
• Cash box with change (ie. $5’s, $2’s, $1’s, 25¢ ect.)
• Receipt book/sales book
• Copy of application (booth number, floor plan ect), record of chq number ect.
• Any notes about the show
• Guest book- to develop a mailing list
• Extension Cord (if you purchased electricity)
• Table Skirt or Table Cloth (clean and reaches the floor)
• Change of clothes (or layers a sweater if its cooler)
• Camera (to take a photo of your booth for future shows)
• Cushion for chair
• Lunch (optional)
• Water or drinks
Do you need printing? – Click Here for Craftadian special offers
Craftadian™ invites you to try Square
You will receive free processing on up to $1,000 in credit card transactions for the first 180 days*. Afterwards, you pay the standard 2.65% per swipe for all major credit cards**.
Craftadian™ invites you to learn more about AMAZON HANDMADE – learn more
Craftadian™ invites you to sell on ETSY – get 40 free listings when you open a NEW shop
Save 50% off any Craftadian™ online course $3.99 and up. Click Here to redeem your coupon.
Craftadian™ invites you to try wordpress.com
Craftadian™ invites you to try Woocommerce.com