Welcome to the CRAFTADIAN Exhibitor Manual which is intended to provide you with all the necessary information to help maximize your participation in the Craftadian events. The enclosed information will provide you with all the information you would need to maximize your participation at the 2017 Craftadian Spring Market at McMaster Innovation Park in Hamilton.
** Special Discount for Exhibitors ** Get a listing in our online maker directory for 50% off for the first year – just $12.50 for the ENTIRE YEAR (click the link below) – but hurry your exclusive deal expires April 29, 2017
(this is separate from meet the makers) – see ONLINE MAKER DIRECTORY
Exhibitors … Have you done these steps?
- RSVP & Invite your contacts to the Facebook Event
- Add the event to your Facebook Page
- Go to the event
- Click and select Add to Page…
- Select a Page and click Add Event
- Share the Show Image (see below)
- Use #Craftadian on Social Media
- Read the Exhibitor Manual (see below)
- Exhibitor Manual
- Online Maker Directory – Special offer
- Show Management
- Show Location
- Dates & Times
- Loading Information
- Rules and Regulations
- Promotional Materials for Exhibitors
- Floor Plan & Booth Numbers
- Booth Details
- Swag Bags (free for exhibitors)
- Promote the show (and your presence)
- What to bring (checklist)
- Maximize your presence at the show (Tips)
- Food Truck Information Page
Phone: 289-239-8163 / Cell 905-330-2056
McMaster Innovation Park, 175 Longwood Road South, Hamilton
Dates & Times
Loading In Dates/Times:
Saturday April 8th; 8:15AM – 10AM (Note you MUST be set-up by 9:45AM)
*Load-in is Saturday morning only
Note new rules (as posted on our rules and regulations page):
- Exhibitors MUST NOT dismantle their booth (or pack up the table top) prior to the conclusion of the show hours (ie. 5:00pm)
- Exhibitors that dismantle of their booth or leave prior to the conclusion of the show WILL NOT be invited to future events; ** THIS WILL BE STRONLY ENFORCED**
- Exhibitors that leave the show (meaning packed up and not in attendance) at the show close (5:00PM) may be billed a $25.00 fine and will not be invited to future events ** THIS IS A NEW RULE THAT WILL BE STRONLY ENFORCED**
There are two loading areas, on the north and east sides of the building. On the north side there is a grey door (note stairs). On the east side, use the loading dock and lift to the service elevator to the main level.
Load-in Map/Info (PDF)
Parking is free; we recommend exhibitor park in the east lot, leaving the spots closest to the door for shoppers.
– Exhibitors will not be permitted to set up during show hours.
– Children under the age of 16 are not allowed on the show floor during move-in and move-out.
– NO loading through the glass front doors
– We recommend that you unload all your materials at your booth, then park your vehicle to an appropriate space and then begin setting up your booth
Booth Number *COMING SOON
Floor Plan *draft (subject to change)
Craftadian at McMaster Innovation Park: includes a 6′ table and chair. Tables are positioned closely together (about 1′ space between tables). Table top displays. Table 6′ long x 29″ wide.
As an alternate to the table you may opt for a 6′ wide space and bring your own rack/display provided it’s 6′ wide (please let show management if you choose this option)
MEET THE MAKERS: http://www.craftadian.ca/craftadian-spring-market-2017-hamilton/#C6
- No home prepared, or home canned foods can be used, sold or given away at Special Events
- All food served at Special events must be prepared in a licensed and approved commercial kitchen
** Must complete pages 4 &5 of THIS FORM. The $37.00 (2017 rate) City of Hamilton fee will be billed to vendors at time of acceptance.
2017 Food at Special Events Info Package (entire package, vendors are required to return pages 4-5 to Craftadian staff within 14 days of the event).
The City of Hamilton, Public Health Department, Health Protection Branch, is responsible for ensuring proper food handling at Special Events in the Hamilton Area.
Public Health Services, Food Safety Program
110 King Street West, 2nd Floor (Robert Thomson Building)
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4S6
Phone:905-546-2424 x 2551
Fax: 905- 546-2787
– 50 swag bags will be distributed to the first 50 families, it’s a great way to promote your business and presence at the show.
We expect each vendor to contribute at least 10 items for the swag bags.
Deadline: Please submit your 50 items by March 31, 2017 in person (drop off) at 151 Fair Street, Ancaster, ON (please contact us to arrange a time) or by mail to:
1000 Golf Links Road, PO Box 90028
Ancaster, ON L9K 3K0
What’s in the Swag Bags? Samples, free gifts, promotional items (pens, magnets), coupons and promotional discounts, candies and more. Avoid paper items, make it something tangible..
Promote the show:
Share the Facebook Event & Invite all your friends, and share on your wall:
RSVP Public Facebook Event
Post the event on your etsy page
Add your shop via RSVP to our Etsy Shop Local page
What to share on Social Media:
– Event Flyer, Image
– Getting ready for the show (what are you working on, supplies you bought, finished products that will be available at the show)
– Pictures of your studio space (take shoppers behind the scenes)
– Pictures of your display
– Profile Pictures (meet the maker)
Vendors: What to Bring (check list)
• all merchandise clearly priced (best done, before the show)
• Any product information signs necessary (no handwritten signs)
• Boxes for purchases
• Customer bags
• Extra price tags
• Inventory list/prices
• Tissue or newspaper for fragile items
• Booth signs or banner
• Business cards and holder
• Brochures, Catalogues or flyers
• Portfolio (or photo album of your work)
Office Supply Kit:
• Clipboard, writing pad or notebook
• Paper clips
• Paper or index cards
• Pens and pencils
• Scissors, string
• Stapler and staples
• Tape – scotch, masking, duct, packing
• Cash box with change (ie. $5’s, $2’s, $1’s, 25¢ ect.)
• Receipt book/sales book
• Copy of application (booth number, floor plan ect), record of chq number ect.
• Any notes about the show
• Guest book- to develop a mailing list
• Extension Cord (if you purchased electricity)
• Table Skirt or Table Cloth (clean and reaches the floor)
• Change of clothes (or layers a sweater if its cooler)
• Camera (to take a photo of your booth for future shows)
• Cushion for chair
• Lunch (optional)
• Water or drinks
• Food Court (inside the hall) will have food for purchase, the food court is owned, and operated by the International Centre.