Welcome to the Craftadian Handmade Markets. We are excited that you are interested in joining our community of makers. Our mission is to showcase, support and promote Canadian artists, artisans and designers.
Craftadian is a curated handmade market that attracts thousands of shoppers looking for unique, handmade goods. We’re on the lookout for artisans pushing the boundaries of craft, food and design. Please join our mailing list to be notified of future vendor calls.
Join our mailing list to be notified of vendor calls.
SPRING APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED (see below)
- APRIL 7, 2018: CRAFTADIAN SPRING MARKET – HAMILTON: Applications Closed, Wait List Only
- APRIL 28, 2018: CRAFTADIAN SPRING MARKET – PORT CREDIT: Applications Closed, Wait List Only
- AUGUST 25, 2018: MADE IN HAMILTON (CRAFTADIAN) – applications will open in April
- SEPTEMBER 29, 2018: ETSY: MADE IN CANADA applications will open in May/June
- NOVEMBER 10, 2018: CRAFTADIAN CHRISTMAS MARKET – PORT CREDIT – applications will open in May
- DECEMBER 1, 2018: CRAFTADIAN CHRISTMAS MARKET – HAMILTON – applications will open in May
Interested in volunteering? Please email us to volunteer at an upcoming market.
$25 (per year): Get your business listed in our online maker directory, includes 1 image (we suggest a product image), URL links to your website, Facebook, twitter and Instagram. Click here to add your business to our online maker directory.
What is the application criteria?
- Applicant must be designer, creator, artisan
- Products must be handmade or have a component of handmade (photography acceptable)
- Applicant must reside in CANADA & products must be handmade MADE IN CANADA
- Applications will be juried to ensure quality, variety, uniqueness, booth presentation
- Applicant must include 3-5 photos of your work (including one booth design)
How much are booth fees?
The 2017 fees range from $125 – $140 depending on the event size, booth type and location.
How will the show be advertised?
The shows will be advertising in local newspapers, flyers/coupon distribution, email marketing (over 7000 opt-in subscribers), paid and organic ads social media (facebook, twitter, instagram). There also are PR opportunities such as TV Guest Appearances, Blogs and Newspaper Articles. Craftadian events and it’s exhibitors have been featured on TV (CHCH Morning Live, CHCH Evening News, Global News at noon, CP 24, Rogers Daytime, Hamilton Life) in Blogs (BlogTO, Lil Miss Kate) and in Newspapers (Hamilton Spectator, Mississauga News, Milton Champion, Guelph Tribute). Visit our media room to see past media appearances.
How many visitors come to the events?
In 2016 we moved our events to smaller venues to create an intimate shopping experience. Our 2016 attendance at these venues was 1500-2000 visitors.
Do you have any photos from past events?
Yes, you can see our photo gallery for photos from past events: Photo Gallery.
Do you have a list of past vendors?
Yes, please see our Meet the Makers section for a list of vendors from our last event Meet the Makers
What is the jury process?
Applicants would submit an application that includes photos of your work, description of your craft and details about your business. Following the application deadline, each application is ranked by each of the jurors – the scores/notes are tabulated and sorted by category. Your application may be ranked on based on handmade quality, photos of your work and booth set-up, and the information you provide in your application. The jury will limit the number of successful applicants per category to ensure that there is a healthy and diverse selection of vendors. Applicants that are not selected will be placed on a waitlist.
For tips on juried show applications please read our blog post “Juried Shows – Tips to Success”
For information about upcoming markets and application openings please join our mailing list.